Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Journal: July 12, 2012

The busy day that I was expecting was exactly that.  Woke up with a list of things to do a mile long.  Finished my work related stuff while I did laundry.  Mostly setting up Pre Study visits for this new study to which I'm assigned.  Finally going to be doing some traveling - that's very good because my frequent flyer programs are going to go away if I don't start traveling soon.

I packed all of our stuff and had to go to Target to get car chargers for our phones.

I went and had my nails done and my eyebrows waxed.

Then it was time to come home, change clothes and hop in the car to go get Stew so we could start our long drive.

We are headed down to Georgia to take my brother his car.  We drove to just outside of Charlotte tonight and then we'll finish the drive tomorrow.

Picked up Stew from the airport since he drove his car over there so we'd have it when we get in on Sunday.  He was wearing his work clothes - meeting with the big boss today so going casual to work wasn't an option.  I brought him car clothes and he proceeded to change in the car.  Men are so easy that way.


While we were headed south on 95, we talked about where we should stop to get something to eat.  I wanted something more than fast food.  Stew said, "you know what's on the way, don't you?"  Nope, I didn't know but he soon informed me that Chapala wasn't too far out of our way - yay!  Decision made.

The place was empty which suited us just fine - though when customers did start to arrive, Stew and I spent a long time trying to figure out if these two men who entered both dressed in business suits were partners or father and son.  I don't think we ever came to a consensus on that.

The food was delicious as usual even if the service this time left something to be desired.  The queso - they can bottle this stuff.   I'd buy it.

Stew and I ordered our normal meals.  I got the quesidillas and he got the fajitas.  The food didn't disappoint and was  basically rolling out to the car by the time we were finished.



Stew likes to put some of the queso on his fajita - he uses a chip as a queso delivery system.  I offered him my knife, but then he said, "Nah, this way I get to eat the chip, too."  Good point, my friend.


One thing that did aggravate me is that the Holiday Inn where they hold the Con had a flag hanging that had no business being on display.  Once a flag becomes tattered it should be taken down and disposed of properly.  This one is beyond that point.  It's just one of my little pet peeves.

The drive tonight was complicated by lots of traffic due to construction (thanks, Barack) and weather.  There was a good deal of rain.

We made a few pit stops along the way, to WaWa and then also to an auto part place.  We had to get coolant for Shawn's car since there's something wrong with the air conditioning.  I almost bought 7 cans of the stuff that had the leak stoppage in it.  Oops.  I'm glad the cashier spoke up because I really didn't know what I was buying.  I felt bad too because after helping us figure out what we needed, his register went on the fritz and he couldn't get credit for the sale.  His coworker did and she even gave us a discount because we had to wait.  I felt like I should have been the one that was tipping them.

I drove from Maryland to almost near the North Carolina line and then that was it.  I couldn't go any further.  Stew finished the drive to our hotel.  We got in around 2:30.  We're going to catch some sleep and sleep in a bit tomorrow since Shawn won't be out of class until 3 and then we'll continue our journey.  I'm so excited to see Shawn!



No comments:

Post a Comment