Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Journal: July 4, 2012

Lovely time with family today.  In fact, I was so busy enjoying everyone's company and having a good time, that I didn't even break out the camera.  What few pictures I have from today, Stew took on his phone, and I'm okay with that.  Sometimes it's nice to just be and not be behind the camera lens.

The morning started out pretty lazy, to be honest.  Well, not for Phill - that kid doesn't know how to sit still.  He was cleaning out the refrigerator, preparing burgers, making chip dip, cutting up watermelon, you name it, he was on it.  He can't just relax.  He's go, go, go, go.  He makes me tired just watching him.  I'm getting pretty spoiled with family being here.  I haven't cooked in ages - loving that. 

Phill made a bunch of food on the grill - hamburgers, hot dogs, a roast, ribs.  The roast and the ribs went home with him since Stew and I aren't going to eat all of the food that we had here.

We also had corn (early MD corn - yummy) and baked beans.  Well, I didn't have any baked beans and I'm not sure at all what GEP ate - I know he had a hot dog - but there was plenty of food to go around.

Steve came up, too, which was good since I haven't seen him in forever.  I can't think of a better way to spend any holiday than with family.  Of course, while we celebrate together, I always keep in mind our men and women who are around the world protecting us and allowing us to live our lives the way we want to.  Those that sacrifice for the rest of us are never far from my mind.

GEP spent the morning playing on the Wii and then on the computer - he's playing some game with a penguin.  He named the penguin Batman - well, it's not really a penguin.  He told me time and time again what the character was but damn if I can remember now.  There's just too much for me to keep up with.  The interests these kids have - makes my head spin.  I don't know how parents keep up.



After we all ate - and GEP gave us a demonstration of his tongue talent, the kid's tongue is the longest I've ever seen and he's not shy about showing it off - we headed to the pool.  GEP and I played volley ball for awhile and then he played Monkey in the middle with Stew and Phill.  He's getting really good at swimming and is loving showing everyone how he can do front and back flips and twists in the water.  I spent most of my time just floating around, though GEP and I had fun knocking Phill and Steve off the raft - there's no relaxing when we're in the pool.  Stew's hands did pretty well in the pool though the water was pretty drying, so we lotioned them up as soon as he got out of the shower after the pool.  I was glad to see him get in the pool with all of us.  It was a really good time.  GEP and Steve were doing cannon balls and GEP was very happy that the strong men were in the pool with him so that they could throw him.  Aunt Gina doesn't throw as high or as long.  It makes me nervous, not these other guys though - they just toss him around.

After the pool, Phill, Christina, GEP and Steve headed home.  GEP didn't want to leave.  Poor little guy, but since there was electricity back at their house, it was time for them to get back to their house.  I'm sure Phill will appreciate not having that longer commute anymore.  I think he drives farther than Stew every day and that's saying something.

After the house was empty, I went and took a shower and then Stew and I cuddled on the couch to watch some tv.  We got caught up on our DVR'ed shows including The Glades (not enjoying this season as much as I have past seasons), Rizzoli and Aisles (wish they would bring the older brother back more - love him), Pawn Stars, and Hell's Kitchen (my god the drama on this show this year, as Stew said, "This girl's team could give Project Runway stars some tips).

After that it was bed time.  Back to work tomorrow.  It's hard having a holiday in the middle of the week - it's like having two Mondays in one week and that is definitely not a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment