Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Journal: July 5, 2012

The house was silent today - it's such an odd feeling after the last few weeks.  I've really enjoyed having all of the family here and at the same time, I'm ready to get back to my own routines or what are routines to me, anyway.  I'm going to hope to hop back on the get fit bandwagon on Monday, but haven't really been sticking to any kind of eating or exercising since Shawn and Meli arrived.  Need to work on that because seriously, seeing all of these pictures of me in a bathing suit recently - not happy with how that looks at all. 

I'm pretty happy with my tan though.  Christina said to me the other day that she thinks this is as tan as she has seen me in 12 years.  She's not wrong.  I'm typically a hermit come summer time due to my general dislike of the heat and the sun, but starting with our trip to Ocean City and then being out in the pool with the kids all of the time, I'm really getting some color (okay, color for me, anyway).  I didn't know you could tan through sunblock that has a SPF of 50 or higher, but you can.  Haven't burned at all though, so that's good.

Today was the day of my late meeting.  It was moved from Wednesday to Thursday due to the holiday.  That meant that I could start working later - which gave me some time to mostly put the scrap room back together.  It still has some minor things that have to be done, but it's getting there.  I just want it done because I'm really itching to scrap.  Christina and I had a date to scrap on Tuesday but due to the power outage and the general mess of my scrap room, we didn't do it - hopefully, we can reschedule that.

Since I had the late meeting that goes from 5 to 6, it was Stew's job to handle dinner.  Awesome job he did, too - he stopped and got me fish from La Tolteca.  I've been craving fish for a long time so it definitely hit the spot.

After my teleconference, Stew and I hung out downstairs with the tv - we're just so tired.  He didn't sleep well last night and I don't know what's wrong with me, but I think I could sleep for days, so we just vegged.  We pulled CSI back out and started watching that again.  It's not annoying me as much as it did the first time we tried to watch it, which I guess is good.

Tomorrow, Stewbert's off to go crabbing with his dad and Matt - I'm staying home to get some kind of order in this house.  I'm always better at doing that kind of stuff when Stew's not here.  I don't know why, but that's just the way it is.  Hopefully I'll be able to get to sleep soon, but after drinking two Mountain Dews tonight, I'm not sure when the sand man will arrive.

Stew's already in bed - he has to leave at 3:30 to meet Matt and Dad.  Better him than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment