Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Journal: July 2, 2012

End of month reports were due today at work.  Got them all submitted by the deadline - helped along with the fact that the Monday morning meeting was cancelled.

Other than work, today was a day of running errands.  Christina, GEP and I headed over to Panera Bread for lunch.  I ordered the Poppyseed Chicken salad or whatever it's called.  Lots of fruit in it - I love it.  I eat mostly the fruit and the chicken and leave the rest.  GEP got grilled cheese.  After we finished our lunch, GEP wanted a cookie - so we got him a cookie with M&Ms on it while I ordered the Toffee Nut - oh so good. 

After Panera, we headed over to the Pet Valu store in the same shopping center.  Christina said that she's been wanting to go in there for a long time, so we decided to head over there today.  Christina was looking for treats for Taz, but he can't have rawhide, so she asked the woman at the register who suggested bull pizzle - yeah, we didn't know what it was either, but boy were we in for an education.  Apparently, these are the number one selling pet treat in America and a few months ago there was a shortage (due to the fact that somewhere in Asia this is a delicacy) and people were outraged.  They're called Bully Sticks and yes, they are bull penis. 

I can't decide what the funniest part of all of this was - the look on Christina's face or the fact that she texted Phill that she was buying a bull penis and he asked why and she told him, "wouldn't you like to know" and he said he was scared - too damn funny.  Christina hasn't given them to the dogs yet, but I'll be curious to see if they like them.  I guess it's better than wasting any part of the animal.

Our next stop was Home Depot - I needed chlorine for the pool and also to look for a vacuum cleaner head for the pool cleaner - got the chlorine no problem, it was a no go for the cleaner head - I'll have to head out to the pool store some time soon and pick one up.  My man Kirbie does a great job in the middle of the pool but has a heck of a time with the sides.

We then came home only to realize that we should have gone to Target, so we turned around in front of the house and headed to Target.  I needed saline solution and hand soap for the bathroom downstairs since my niece took off with mine.  GEP picked out the hand soap - it's now Sponge Bob in both bathrooms and apparently the dispensers glow in the dark.  While we were there, I also picked up the movie Act of Valor - I've been wanting to see it forever, but I'm still not sure I'll be able to watch it.  We'll see, but at least now I own it for a lot less than it would have been to rent the damn thing in the hotel room.

GEP bought a Lego toy in the Ninjano series.  Another thing he's collecting, but really don't ask me what they are, because I have no idea.  The one he got today is called Mezmo.  He looks like this:

GEP was pretty pleased with his purchase.

When we got home from Target, GEP and I went out to add chlorine to the pool - well, GEP did it.  He walked around and shook it in.  He was happy with himself, then he and I went inside to get dressed for the pool while the chlorine did its job.

GEP and I played basketball in the pool after he explained the rules to me, but this was the one and only time I've ever heard of a slam dunk being worth three points.  He's a little cheat that kid, I swear.

Christina joined us in the pool, as well, and we had a good time playing with GEP and talking. 

Phill was going to cook tonight but traffic was a monster down by the tunnel, so he decided that we should just do something easy for dinner so we ordered Pat's.  GEP and I split a pizza.

I then read for awhile with my new best buddy...

(Taken with Stew's phone - picture quality sucks)


I'm not sure he's allowed on the couch - but I wasn't kicking him off of it.  I want a dog so bad, unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'm going to get one any time soon...

We also headed to Brewster's tonight for ice cream.  GEP and I both got cones - sensing a theme?  He got vanilla ice cream with sprinkles and it melted so much that I think he ended up wearing more of it than he got to eat.  We scrambled to get him a cup so he could put it in there and that averted total disaster but he wasn't very happy.  Phill got a banana split, and Stew and Christina got milkshakes. 

We piled in the family room and talked for awhile before we all headed off to bed.  Tomorrow we may take a trip to the zoo - that'll be a good time.  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment