Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pinned It, Did It, Friday (or PinBusted)

Let's face it, a lot of us spend a lot of time in Pinterest thinking that all of these things we see would be really cool to try - but if you're like me, they sit in this internet ether never to be looked at again.  Well, this year, I vow to stop this and so Pinned It, Did It Friday (or as Stew calls it, PinBusted) is born.

Today, we're talking about straightening wavy hair without heat, which pretty much would save an hour of my day.

This is the pin:

To straighten hair without heat, just mix a cup of water with 2 tablespoons of BROWN sugar, pour it into a spray bottle, then spray into damp hair and let air dry!


Before I showered today, I went to the kitchen to do a little mixing.  I got my 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and my cup of water (I used warm to help the sugar dissolve).



 Then I put it in my spray bottle and took a shower.


This is what my hair looks like right out of the shower.  (Next time I decide I need to take pictures from the back of my head - I'm using the tripod and the remote.)



And what it looks like after it's been brushed.



I sprayed the sugar water on my hair (while standing in the shower - I didn't want what may become a sticky mess to land on my bathroom floor).

And then I waited for my hair to air dry.

This is the final result:


And the verdict:  You can see for yourself - my hair looks nothing like the picture.  Now there could be a lot of reasons for this since the instructions weren't that specific.  I didn't know how much of this stuff to use or what to do with my hair while it air dried.  I worked at my computer.  Even so, in my opinion, it's back to the hair dryer and the flat iron.  I'm going to call this one:  Deleted from my pin board.

No comments:

Post a Comment