Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Journal: January 15, 2013, 11:05PM

(Note, January 16, 2013:  Ahhh, the journaling.  I've been writing down things for every day on my tablet but getting them onto the blog, well, that's something that's seriously lacking.  I think maybe I should just journal here at night foregoing the pictures and such and then editing or something.  Seems like too much effort to do this in two places.  I'll need to figure that out.  I hope to get this damn thing up to date today (sorry all my FB friends that my feed will be filled with this), but we'll see.  There's always the long train rides tomorrow.)

Journal for January 15, 2013
I spent Tuesday cleaning the house.  All the rooms are done with the exception of our room and our bathroom - I always save them for last and then they never get done.  I did get our clothes put away and straightened up all the things we are forever leaving out, so really I just need to dust and do the floors in there which is a vast improvement, hopefully I'll get to that tomorrow and then the house will be completely clean.  Another task for tomorrow - LAUNDRY.  Sigh.  I don't know what's with me and laundry lately.  I just don't want to do it and the laundry room is definitely showing that.

In between cleaning, I played my picture puzzle game.  This one has been killing me for a long time - but I conquered that damn thing today.  Only to find out it was a carrot - say what???



Stew and I were talking tonight about how we both lack discipline in all areas of our life.  I would love to stay on schedule for cleaning and laundry and form good healthy routines, but it seems like he gets home from work, neither of us feel like cooking, we eat some crap for dinner and then sit in front of the television and I told myself I wasn't going to do that this year.  No more sitting in front of the tv, but I don't know what it is, I always feel guilty when I'm in the scrap room at night when Stew's home, since I feel like he and I should be spending time together and of course, he's watching tv.  We really need to change this.  We had mac and cheese for dinner tonight and a 7-11 run complete with donuts, slurpee and candy bars.  Yeah, not exactly going to reach the goal weight doing that.  This is definitely something we have to work on.

I read an article today about overcoming procrastination and the thing that resonated the most with me is that in order to combat procrastination, we have to form new habits because what we have formed is the habit of procrastination. 



And it's not like there are a million things that don't get done around our house - I mean, if you guys know me at all, you know that my definition of "a mess" is far different than say someone on hoarders, but still - I want my house company ready at all times.  Is it unrealistic expectations or is it just laziness that keeps this from happening.  Something to think about.  Stew and I are each others own worst enemies.  I don't feel like cooking, he's, "okay, dear, what do you want for dinner?"  He doesn't feel like cooking and I'm the same.  We don't urge each other to do the things that we know in our minds that we should be doing.  We need a motivating life coach or something, since we feed into each other's laziness. 

So with all of that being said, here's what happened today:

I cleaned.  We worked (Stew had like 6 meetings today).  We had macaroni and cheese for dinner (despite Stew stopping at Wegmans after work to get dinner).  We ate snacks from 7-11.  We watched Spartacus (LOVE THIS SHOW!  They killed my favorite character, though.  Those bastards.  I haven't been this affected by a characters death on a show since they killed Hammerhead on The Unit.  Booooo.)  And then I was going to go into the scraproom, but we checked the damn DVR and don't you know it, that damn Duck Dynasty was on there.  So, of course, we had to watch that.

That show is going to kill me.  Phil giving advice on dating:  You get the happy, happy, happy, then you get the crabby, crabby, crabby.  And then Willie almost getting run over by his daughter while teaching her how to drive - I've never seen a grown man run away like a little girl like that before, except maybe for Stew with spiders.

Then I straightened up our room.  Put away what clean laundry was in the hamper.  Played my game on my tablet - went to bed.

Not the most productive day - but most of the house is clean.  That's a step in the right direction.

And there's no chance of sitting around watching tv tomorrow night as Stew's parents will be here to celebrate his birthday.  Tomorrow's looking better already.

Some other notes from today:

Claude Giroux was named captain for the Flyers.  I think that's a good choice.



Justin has a new single out that's all the buzz.  It came out on Sunday and is number 1 on iTunes already.  I'm not sure if I like it or not, but that's typical the way for me with his music.

My AGP is just smiling and laughing all over the place.  Christina posted pictures of her on Facebook today and I'm going to steal them - she's just too damn precious.




I found GEP's DS game that he lost a million years ago.  Months ago, Christina called us to ask us if we had found it.  I pulled apart our cars, re-organized the kids' toys to see if it was in there, went through all of our games, even vacuumed under all the couches - couldn't find it.  Tonight I decide that since I'm going to Calgary, maybe I should wash my winter coat.  I never wear the damn thing and honestly can't tell you the last time I wore it, but as I was going through the pocket - lo and behold there's GEP's game.  I can't imagine how it got there.  Maybe it was in the car and I stuck it in my pocket?  Who knows.  I just hope he hasn't bought it again.  If he has, I'll just give this one to MNP and buy GEP a new game.  Sigh....


 (And in case I lose this - it's in the glass bowl on the bookcase in the living room.)

No comments:

Post a Comment