Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

One Little Word, 2013

I've signed up for Ali Edwards' class One Little Word.  This class encourages you to pick one word to focus on for the year.  To let that word resonate inside and guide you through the year's activities and goals.

My word for the year is

NOW

now

[nou] 
adverb
1.
at the present time or moment: 
2.
without further delay; immediately; at once: 
3.
at this time or juncture in some period under consideration or in some course of proceedings described: 
4.
at the time or moment immediately past: 
5.
in these present times; nowadays: 
6.
under the present or existing circumstances; as matters stand: 
7.
(used to introduce a statement or question): 
8.
(used to strengthen a command, entreaty, or the like):   

Synonyms:  
PDQ, at once, at the moment, at this moment, at this time, directly, first off, forthwith, immediatelyin nothing flat, instanter, instantlyon the double, promptly, pronto, right away, right now, straightaway, this day, today
_______________________________________________
Procrastination has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember.  It's the habit I have that gets me in the most trouble and causes me the most stress.  I'm not a firm believer that if it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done; but, I sure act as if that is my motto.  If something's worth doing, it's worth doing tomorrow.  I was always this way in school and this habit has poured into my adult life.  I'm tired of being so frazzled all of the time because I've waited again until the very last moment to take care of something that I know has been sitting on my to do list with a very reasonable due date, but I just haven't done it.  I want to break this habit so that life can move at a pace that is a bit less frantic.

I want to embrace the word NOW.

Do it now.  
Prepare for it now.
Get the task out of the way, now.  
___________________________________

  • Wake up in the morning, put on the workout clothes and work out.  NOW
  • Get assigned a site, schedule the visit and prepare for it.  NOW
  • Get an email with a task, address it.  NOW
  • Get back from a visit, write the trip report.  NOW
  • Want to keep project life up to date, do it.  NOW
  • Have a trip to take, pack.  NOW
  • Need to take medication in the morning, swallow them.  NOW
  • Need time to relax before going to bed, to do all of the night time things you want to accomplish, go to bed.  NOW
  • Want to always have a clean house.  Straighten up.  NOW
  • Planned an event at the house, prepare and shop.  NOW
  • Want to eat healthy, determine the menu and go to the grocery store.  NOW 
  • Know that a special event is coming up, buy the present, make the card.  NOW
 And it's more than just the little tasks in life.  I think I spend a lot of time thinking that once this happens, then that can happen.  Or once I achieve this, I can do that.  Please.  Embrace the moment that you're sitting in right this minute.  Figure out the best way to spend that moment.  Life is full of only so many moments.  Make each one of them count for something meaningful.  NOW.   

No comments:

Post a Comment