Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Journal: January 6, 2013

I'm still typing 2012 in the title.  Wonder how long that will last.

We didn't do a whole lot today.  Stew slept late while I played in the craft room.  I spent a lot of time scheduling posts for the coming month.  I figure if I stay ahead of it then I'll be able to keep up with the schedule that I sent for my crafting blog.  I'm going to do a video about Project Life on Sunday, a wordless layout share on Wednesday, and a process video about a scrapbook layout on Friday.  Add that to the daily picture I do here, the daily journal I'm supposed to do here (forever behind) and the Friday Pinned it, Did it and it's a lot going on for the coming year, but it's good.  I want to blog on a more routine basis and if I can ever get the discipline together to write out my journal entries every night, I'd be in business.  Still working on that discipline thing.  I'm hoping that keeping my one little word for the year (NOW) in the forefront of my mind will help.

Stew and I spent some time today planning out our coming week and doing our budget.  I think it's going to be important to make this a part of our routine (routine?  what routine - another thing we're working on this year).  It helps us see the week ahead and figure out what we both have going on.


While we were planning, I almost killed Stew.  He was looking at the clock in my craft room.  The conversation went something like this:

S:  Is that clock right?
G:  No.  It's an hour fast and twenty minutes slow.

At this point, Stew about dies.  I don't see his point at first and then I realize why he finds that so funny.

S:  So you mean it's 40 minutes fast.
G:  Well, yeah but it's easier for me to figure out the time by remembering the hour fast and twenty minutes slow.  (I don't know how this happened, it's always been 20 minutes slow, but the time change somewhere along the way messed up the hours or something...I can't figure it out now that I think about it.)
S:  There's a better way to figure it out.
G:  What's that?
S: Fix the freaking time!!

Yeah, yeah - we'll see about that.

After we did our planning and Stew stopped hyperventilating, we headed down to Kobe for our last "bad" meal before we try to start eating right tomorrow.  This is the year we're going to get in shape.  I hope.

Kobe wasn't as good as I remember it being, but Stew enjoyed it and he has lunch for a few days, so that's good.



(This was a really strange issue - we haven't been to Kobe since the fire in our house last year.  It was really weird to me how much of a reaction I had to the flame.  Like I got goosebumps and chills.  I couldn't believe how much it affected me.  I guess it's going to be a long time before those types of things stop.)






We ended the night like we always do - watching tv.  Sigh....if there's one thing I want to change this year - it's that.  I waste too much damn time watching tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment