Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pinned It, Did It, Friday

Getting this one up a little late this week - so much going on, but I did accomplish my goal of trying out one thing that I've pinned.

This week, it was all about preparing for the coming week and seeing ways to cut down on the time it takes to get out the door for work while still having a good breakfast.

I'm an egg eater - I love eggs for breakfast, so when I saw this pin on Pinterest about baking the eggs in the oven and then storing them for the week and microwaving them in the morning.  I thought this was an awesome idea.

I don't know who to credit for the original pin - my pin was from this blog.



But...would it turn out like last week's failure?

Well, I followed the directions as they were listed.

1.  Sprayed the muffin tins with cooking spray (want to make my own in the future, so I stop using the chemical ridden Pam).  Then I cracked the eggs into it.  I didn't add the spinach like the pin because I wasn't sure if Stew would like it.  So, just a little salt and pepper, then into the oven at 350 for 15 minutes.


They came out completely done all the way through.


I stored them in a container for the week.
Then, it was time for the true test.  Would they be any good.  After some trial and error, Stew determined that they should be microwaved for about 30 seconds to heat all the way through.  He put his on a toasted English muffin and had a very enjoyable breakfast.

I'm going to call this one Approved!



No comments:

Post a Comment