Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Friday, February 8, 2013

Pinned It, Did It, Friday: Blackened Tilapia

Ahhh, the joys of trying to eat better.  I'm a big fan of fish that doesn't taste anything like fish and Stew is a fan of fish that is shaped like a square.  Introducing fish into our diet is a monumental task, but I'm definitely going to give it a go...

I saw this recipe on Pinterest for Oven-Baked Blackened Tilapia.  Now, interestingly enough, I followed the pin and then immediately went to where the blogger had gotten the original recipe.  Turns out, the original recipe from Food Network which the blogger modified but I didn't read, wasn't oven-baked at all.  I followed the original recipe and fried it on the stove.  It turned out really good and I can't imagine that the small amount of oil I used to fry it really diminished the healthy fact that we were eating fish.  Or as Stew said, "you really can't tell you're eating fish, at all."  Score one for the spice.

Here's the original pin:


And the original recipe.

Next time, I think I will try the oven baked version.  I think I might even like that better, but as I said - this is delicious either way.

Started with fresh tilapia from Wegman's.

Got my spices together for the coating.


 All coated and ready for the pan.
 Ready to eat.
 Yum.  I'm calling this one pin-approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment