Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Journal: September 3, 2012

Woke up this morning at 7:30 with a terrible headache.  I took some Aleve and it went away, thank goodness.  I was so not in the mood to deal with a migraine today.

I went down to the craft room and got caught up on my internet reading and started to tackle the Project Life layouts for those two weeks in June that I've been avoiding.  We did so much stuff that week, it's hard to condense it this way.  Sigh.

I was kind of tired this morning - like, 5 hour energy drink tired and it was rainy outside so our plans to go the Fair or to the zoo were out. 

Stew woke up around 11:30 and when I heard him get up, I went upstairs and we took care of some budget stuff.  Paid another $1000 to the roof.  Can't wait until that bill is gone. 

We looked at the NASCAR standings.  It looks like Kahne will be in the chase unless something astronomical happens.

Stew did his hockey stuff while I got in the shower.  I suggested we have a pajama day, but Stew wanted to go to Best Buy to get the new Madden game and during this conversation he gave me the gag worthy moment of the day.  The conversation went like this:

S: I want to go to Best Buy to get myself something. I want the new Madden.

G: Good, I wish you'd spend more money on you. I'd feel less guilty about the money I spend.

S: Yeah, I don't spend a lot of money. I don't need much. I just need you.

G: GAG


While I was finishing up getting ready, Stew called Dad to talk about plans to spend a week at the beach next summer and going up to mom and dad's for the opening day of football.  The Eagles play at 1 and the Steelers at 8, so we'll go watch the Eagles, grab some food and be home in time for the other game.  This reminds me that I still need to sign up for pick em and survivor - must remember to do this as the first game is on Wednesday!

We then headed down to White Marsh and the rain came.  I'm glad we both had umbrellas.

On the way down, we saw this tow truck and Stew said, "I'm going to hell."  I said, "Why?"  He tells me that he sees the Jesus tow truck.  Or, if the driver is Latino the "hey-zeus" truck.  My goodness the things that go on in that man's head.


We stopped at Ledo's Pizza for lunch.  Neither of us had been there before so we thought we'd check it out.  Turns out, we really could have passed it by.  I wasn't impressed with their pizza cracker and Stew has had better chicken parm, elsewhere.





It was funny while we were there though, listening to Stew read the closed captioning on the Orioles game.  We don't know what was going on with it.  Stew likened it to someone laying their head down on the keyboard.  Made for some interesting reading.


We went to Best Buy where Stew picked up the new Madden game - he's excited about this because they've gotten rid of all of the "owner" kind of things like setting ticket prices and that stuff - so now it's just all about players.  At least that's what I understand about it.  He also got a new razor.  I got more ink for my photo printer (can never run out of that, ever!) and I got a new mouse for the computer in my craft room.  Frank had bought Dad a mouse for father's day - it was a ball mouse that was wireless.  Color me jealous - I really wanted one, so one I did get.  Isn't it purdy?  No more cords on my desk!

Headed home after Best Buy and did something that we don't often do - we actually cleaned up the house.  Wow!  Stew took care of the dishes and took all of the laundry downstairs while I cleaned the upstairs.  Now this week all that's left is dusting, vacuuming and the downstairs.  Not too bad.  It'll be good to wake up tomorrow to an almost clean house.  

Stew had a draft for the Barbecue football league tonight.  This is the draft that my brothers Shawn and Phill are in.  I texted them both earlier in the day to remind them of the draft - Phill said he remembered and he was ready!  Boys take this stuff so seriously.  Shawn's first pick of the draft was Ray Rice.  He's a self admitted homer!  According to Stew, Phill picked up some good wide receivers but not so good on the quarterback front - I guess we'll see how it all turns out.

While Stew was doing his draft stuff, I got some work work done and then Shawn called.

We're getting ready to go visit them next weekend!  YAY!  I got to talk to SMP.  She was doing homework, which really means that she was writing her numbers and letters in this workbook that they bought for her.  She just went in her room, picked it up, took it to the dining room table and started doing her "homework."  Shawn said that she's a four year old adult.  She goes in her room, shuts the door and plays.  He says that she doesn't need them for anything.  She's independent and she's very good at taking care of EAP, though they do tend to still fight sometimes, it's getting less.  Shawn says only five minutes now for every 30.  HA!  She's been swimming a lot in Ms. Candy's pool and EAP's been going in the pool too though he doesn't like it very much.  She got a flat tire on her bike and daddy fixed it.  She said, "he's a very good soldier and a very good handy manny."  Too funny!  I can't wait to see them.  I miss them a lot.

Stew and I ended the night with CSI:NY and WaWa (which he went to get while I was on the phone with Shawn).  I don't mind watching television when we've done other things during the day.  I just hate it when it seems like watching tv is all we do, so we're getting better about that.  I set the alarm on my phone for 11 so that I could be in bed before my mandated midnight time.  An episode ended at 10:15 and though we could have squeezed in another one, we decided to head to bed.

I washed my face and stuff while Stew worked on his pushups.  He's up to 45 now for the month.  I need to make a chart for us to keep track of these things.  I did drink my 64 ounces of water today, though I didn't start until like 6PM.  That's a lot of water to drink in 5 hours and by the time I took the last sip at 11, I was over water completely.  I really need to start earlier in the day. 

Stew and I went through the book descriptions for the free books he's sent to my Kindle.  Since we're behind on this, I needed a way to figure our which descriptions we've read and which ones I've decided that I may way to read, so I made a category on my Kindle to file the books in.  Stew found the name of it pretty funny:

Tomorrow, it's back to work, back to the grind.  HAHA.  I have a lot of work to get done, so it's good that I'm getting to bed now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment