Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Journal: August 31, 2012

After going to sleep at 3AM last night, I slept until 9 this morning.  I must have been deeply sleeping, too, because I remember Stew waking me before he left for work, but I thought I told him to call me and wake me up at 8, when he called at 9, I really thought that I had slept through his 8AM calls.  Turns out, no, I told him 9.  Totally out of it.

Definitely not enough sleep, but I don't feel that mind numbing fatigue that I've been feeling the last few days, so that was a plus.

I worked on Project Life for a good portion of my free time today.  As I write this, I have a few pictures to print still for last week, I have today's events to put in there, and those two weeks in June while Shawn was here that I'm avoiding because there's just so much stuff.  That's it.  Then it's all caught up.  I can hardly believe it.  I really want to have it all up to date by Tuesday which means tackling those weeks in June - I'm just overwhelmed with that, but like anything else, once I start it, it'll be better.

Stew got home after a 1.5 hour commute tonight and though he wasn't hungry due to his unlimited fry baskets at Red Robin for lunch, I made myself a sandwich. 

We watched Major Crimes - I'm still not sure about this show.  There are a lot of characters on it I like, but the women on this show, including Rador, just annoy the hell out of me.  I'm not sure we're going to continue with it.

We watched more CSI: NY.  Still loving it.  Hope we don't run out of episodes before the next seasons arrive.

Stew thought the little caption on this book from Chick-fil-A was hysterical:

I didn't think it was all that funny.  That is, until he tossed it to me, and I dropped it, making the tag 100% accurate!  I want to know which one of the kids had the book.  There's this cute family picture made with the provided stickers - I don't know which one of my kids did it.  Bummer!



I received a call from a recruiter today.  It's for a Senior Clinical Research Associate, home based, with what she termed "less travel."  I'm happy where I am, but I wonder if being comfortable where I am has stifled my career.  I probably spent more time at Hopkins than I should have.  I get complacent and don't look for those advancement opportunities, so do I call her or not.  I talked with her before I took my position where I am now, but the only positions she had available were office based and the commute wasn't worth it, but this one is home based and at a level hire than where I am currently.  There's something to be said for loyalty, I know and there's something to be said about genuinely liking the people that you're working with, which I do, but there's also something to be said for career growth and, let's face it, money.  I think I'll just give her a call and see about the job, the types of studies they're running, that kind of thing.  It doesn't have to go any further than that.

It's hitting 3AM now which must mean it's finally hitting my bedtime.  Sigh.  I have to do something about this insomnia.  For now, I think I'll just take my tired bones upstairs and go to sleep.

Oh - one other piece of news - Tony won the pole for Atlanta.  Stew and I went to this race, I think it was either last year or two years ago when we went to DragonCon and Tony won - which means it must have been two years ago since he didn't win last year until the Chase started - he really needs to win and gain some momentum right now.  I wouldn't be sad to see a repeat performance from last year!


No comments:

Post a Comment