Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Journal: September 12, 2012

The blahs continue.  I honestly wish I knew what was wrong with me.  I make goals and I make plans and I never stick to them.  What the hell is up with that?

I can't get motivated to do anything.  The only thing that sounds good right now is sitting on the couch and escaping into the big mind suck that is the tv.  I do better when I'm overly busy, not so good when I'm idle and I'm completely disappointed about the last two weeks.  I mean it's not Stew's fault that he can barely stand up straight, but with him not feeling well, we haven't really been able to do anything.  Not good for me.  I think I'm going to have to start just leaving him home.  LOL.  Not that he would mind really, but then I feel guilty for not being home to take care of him.  Guh!  I hate you, you changing of the seasons.

I did some reading of some motivational stuff today.  I read the Marc and Angel Hack blog - they posted today about 8 ways you're wasting your life.  Guilty, guilty and guilty. 

  • Notice with curiosity and without judgement all the ways in which you avoid being in your own skin, right here, right now, in this present moment we call life.
  • Let the past go.
  • Berating yourself for not being perfect.
  • Waiting and then waiting some more.  Stop waiting for tomorrow - you will never get today back.  It doesn't matter what you've done in the past.  It doesn't matter how low or unworthy you feel right now.  The simple fact that you're alive makes you worthy.  Life is too short for excuses.  Stop settling.  Stop procrastinating.  Start today by taking one courageous step forward.  If you're not sure exactly which way to go, it is always wise to follow your heart.
  • Keep up with current events - (I'm not sure about this one, they just make me more depressed.)
  • There is a difference between a list of goals and a wish list
  • Laziness will always overshadow talent
  • Drinking water is important
  • Get enough sleep
  • Motivation fluctuates but finish what you start
  • Get the important things done first.

And then Leo from Zen Habits posted about The Habit of Starting.

  • The biggest reason people fail at creating and sticking to new habits is that they don't keep doing it.
  • The key is just getting started - the key to forming a habit is not how much of the habit you do each day, but whether you do it at all.
  • The key to forming a habit is starting each day.
"The start is a sunrise - a moment of brilliance that signals something joyful has arrived.  Learn to love that moment of brilliance and your habit troubles fade like the night."

Recommended Reading:

The Power of Now
Awaken the Giant Within
The Last Lecture

No comments:

Post a Comment