Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Journal: August 21, 2012

Woke up this morning with a mission.  Verizon was coming out between 8 and 12 to install a new telephone jack in our home office and I needed to get the house ready for that.  So I hit the ground running and cleaned the house.  I wish I could always get motivated to clean like that.  Would certainly help with my stress.

I stayed down in the craft room while the Verizon guy was here.  They said when they confirmed the appointment that the technician would be here for 4-6 hours.  I couldn't imagine what in the world they would do during that time.  When the technician arrived and found out he only had to install a jack and not run the whole house for telephone service like his tickets said - he said it was going to be easy, 20 minutes tops.  He wasn't kidding.  In and out and it was all done.

While he worked upstairs, I stayed downstairs and tried to work the best I could, but honestly couldn't get much done not being in my office.

Stew got home and we had dinner, then watched some tv.

We went to bed around 11 but my brain would just not shut off.  I kept thinking about getting behind with work today, so I got out of bed and did some work.  One of the study managers emailed me and told me that I didn't have to answer her when she emailed me at crazy hours - I assured her that I was up doing work anyway. 

It's now super late and I'm not sure how I'm going to feel tomorrow, but I must say, it feels good to have that work back under control.


No comments:

Post a Comment