Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Journal: August 16, 2012

There was more training to be done today.  This new study is super complicated and now the sponsor has requested that I be the permanent monitor for this subject that is enrolling instead of the assigned monitor taking over once she gets back from vacation - that's fine with me, but it's complicating things on another study to which I'm assigned.  We sorted all of that out and I'm heading back to Canada for two weeks in September - Calgary this time.

As for other stuff, I did some shopping today at Target, got stuff for dinner, picked up some shampoo and conditioner, an arm strap for my iphone so I can do my workouts, water bottles to use around the house, and storage containers for the scrap room, where else right?



Still trying to figure out this storage of my alpha stickers - way annoying.  I am liking the flow of the redesign, but there are still some things that need to be better, so I'm working on that, slowly, but I am trying to make it as streamlined as possible.  I'm still working on getting Project Life caught up.  I'm pretty much over it, honestly, I just want to create layouts, but I'm determined to get this done first and then keep it up to date.  I'm doing really good this week with it.  Have done my daily updates to it each morning.  It just gets behind when I travel - hell, everything gets behind when I travel and September is shaping up to be a tough month.  Oh well, that's why I get paid the big bucks.  HAHAHAHAHA.

Came home from Target and made myself some lunch.  Turkey sandwich and some grapes.  Tasty.



I got to catch up with Rachel finally.  I don't know why people bother to call me - they know better than that.  Call Stew, I never answer the phone.  She didn't have his number, so I'm going to send it to her.  We're going to get together with her and her parents next week so that we can celebrate her mother's birthday with her since we missed the party.

For dinner tonight, I really wanted a hamburger and at first I told Stew that we should go to Red Robin, but then I thought - why can't I just make that myself and that's what we did.  I picked up the stuff we'd need for dinner for tonight and tonight only.  It's a new thing we're trying.  One of us goes to the grocery store every day and gets what we need for dinner.  It may seem like a total time waste, but honestly, it's better than buying the food for the week and then throwing it away when it starts to grow antibiotics in the fridge.  We're thinking this way we can plan our meals better around what we have in the house and we won't waste as much food or money - we'll see how it goes.  So far this week, it's been good.






The hamburgers were delicious.  Red Robin has nothing on my hamburgers.  So delicious.  I made salad, too, but didn't eat any of it, I'll have it later - I had two burgers instead, they were that good.  Stew was missing his potatoes - I'll have to remember that next time, but he enjoyed the burgers too.

I spent an hour today going through and straightening up the house and learned a valuable lesson - if I break it down and only spend a set amount of time cleaning, I don't get that overwhelming feeling and the house gets cleaned.  I'm amazed by what I was able to accomplish in an hour.  After dinner, Stew and I completely cleaned up from dinner - now if we keep up on this, we should be set!  I'm still thinking about getting a housekeeper to do the deep cleaning, but this seems like a good system for when I'm not traveling that is.

The rest of the night, we spent watching CSI:NY.  I know it's not what I want to be doing in the evening, but my brain is so tired this week with my sleep schedule completely off that for now I'm permitting it.  We did go to bed on time tonight and got all of our before bed stuff done, so I'm feeling good about that.  Now, if only I don't wake up in the middle of the night wide awake.  *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment