Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Journal: August 12, 2012

Woke up this morning, tired after getting in so late after the ballgame last night.  Stew slept in and I played in the scraproom and then we headed out to Bo Brooks to enjoy more time with Crystal and family.  We had a great time and great food.  The crabs were light, but they were seasoned well.  The onion rings were huge!  We all thought that it was the complimentary rolls coming out when we saw them at first, but no, they were the biggest onion rings we'd ever seen.  I had an awesome drink even if I can't remember now what it was called.  The crab soup was okay - not enough crab in it for me.  Phill's is so much better.  Only Stew didn't eat crabs.  He got fish and chips which he said was good.  The onion rings though, he didn't think they were the best.  The calamari was okay and Brandon ordered crab stuff shrimp, which he really enjoyed.  We had a good time talking and hanging out.  I really wish they lived closer.  We're going to have to take more trips up to see them!



They were going to hang out at the hotel pool today, so Stew and I came home (we were tired anyway!).  So we came home and watched the race.  That was maybe the most exciting race we've seen in a long time.  Nascar needs more races like that - especially the last few laps.  I couldn't believe Tony spun the way he did.  I really thought that he was going to do far better than he did - oh well!  The race was really, really good.  We enjoyed it. 

Then we settled in to watch TV, but decided we needed some snacks, so we ran up to Shoprite to get those.  It was a pretty lazy day after lunch, which was fine.  The work  week will be upon us again tomorrow.  Sigh...Off to Moncton this week.  Three days for a one day visit - not my favorite thing, but at least I love the site.  That makes it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment