Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Journal: October 4, 2012

On the plane home last night, I had high hopes of what I was going to accomplish today.  I should have known better.  After getting in this morning around 2:30, not being able to get to sleep until around 4 and Stew waking me up at 7, it was a recipe for disaster.  Add to that the fact that I forgot my pills when I left on Tuesday and it wasn't only a recipe it should have been a foregone conclusion - but you know me, I'm the eternal optimist.  I can hear you all laughing, shut it!

I got up when Stew left for work (training again today), did my expense report for the week and cleaned out the emails I missed while I was traveling, then it was time for the teleconference for a study to which I'm assigned that has a very hard time accruing patients.  After that, I wrote out most of my trip report for this week's visit and then couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.  Went and took a nap on the couch.  Woke up and sort walked around the house like a zombie until Stew got home.  He went off to therapy and I laid in our bed and took yet another nap.  I had already made the decision that we were doing something easy for dinner and having tv night - my brain just isn't functioning.  He called when he was on his way home but I missed talking to him, so I got up and took a shower, then went downstairs and settled in front of the big flat screened time suck that hangs on our wall.  Stew brought home La Tolteca for dinner and we watched the following shows:

Big Bang Theory, The Decoupling Fluctuation:  Remains the funniest show we watch.  I love Sheldon.  The whole scene with Penny about homeostasis - classic Big Bang Theory and apparently Chuck Lorre has put a book together of his vanity cards.  That guy is a serious trip!

Castle, Cloudy with a Chance of Murder: Glad the bromance brothers have made up.  Not sure I'm liking this whole thing with Castle and Beckett.  Want to seriously just go back to the murder, solve murder routine I love so much.  Though Castle playing with the green screen and pretending he was superman flying over the map - too funny.  I wonder if that was scripted or if that was just Fillion being him.

Person of Interest, Bad Code:  Tired of this drawn out story line.  You guys know how I am.  I like things wrapped up in a nice and pretty bow in an hour.  Come on, damn it.  If it takes you longer than that, my interest starts to wan.  Not big on the patience, remember.  The current story line seems to have hit a point of a natural break.  Oh, I'm sure we're going to see the psycho back again in a later episode, but hopefully, I'll have a reprieve for a time.  There's just not enough Mr. Reese asskicking going on, in my not so humble opinion.

Life after Top Chef, Cook Your Aspen Off:  Really not sure about this show.  Jen's a whiny baby, Spike's an ass, Richard is neurotic.  The only bright spot is Fabio - he's just nuts.  I really want to go to LA and take one of his classes.

Project Runway, In a Place Far, Far Away:  YAY!  My favorite designer is going to show at Fashion Week.  This is really surprising, because typically when I start rooting for someone on one of these types of shoes, I'm usually the kiss of death and they get voted off like the very next episode.  So YAY! 

Then Stew went to bed around 12:30 and I stayed up playing in the craft room because after all the napping today, I couldn't go to sleep.  I'm heading off to bed now.  I laid down the mattress that we got from Phill and Christina on the floor in the guest room and I'm sleeping on it.  It's much more comfortable than the couch and I won't disturb Stew with my crazy sleeping patterns.

I hope tomorrow is more productive - but it's going to take some time to get back on track.  Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment