Howdie Family and Friends - here are the going ons in the life of me. Stew shows up frequently. My family and friends visit a lot. My nieces and nephews are represented throughout. It's all about me and how I'm traveling along in this thing I call my life.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Day in Review, January 5, 2013

Today consisted of work, Dexter, and icy roads that killed my plans.

I woke up this morning around 7:30 - still not a great night of sleep, but somewhat better.  I wanted to get up at 5, but the alarm on my phone isn't working for some reason.  I'm sure I messed up a setting somewhere.  I'll have to look into that, but I started my day much later than I wanted to and read a weather report that wasn't at all friendly to my plans.  Tonight was supposed to be my first meet up with the book club that I joined.  I've even read the book.  Unfortunately, getting out of our cul-de-sac is a bit treacherous and I didn't want to chance it, so I changed my RSVP to no.  The gang is going out for trivia night on Thursday and I may go out and meet them then.  I have a three day business trip this week to Northern Jersey, so we'll see how I'm feeling after I'm back from that.

I started my day in my office working on my paperwork that I've put off forever.  Gotta love my procrastinating self.  I did that until about 2:30 and during that time Stew made French Toast for breakfast from the fresh bread I made yesterday.  It was very good and the last time I'm going to see a carb laden breakfast for awhile.  I enjoyed every bite.  Tomorrow it's new weigh ins, new measurements and the start of our get fit year.  No screwing around with this anymore - we're both determined to do it and the fact that it's both of us will help.  Let's not mention that tonight we ordered Pat's for dinner.  I really wanted chicken tenders - I'm on a kick lately - but I also had a salad.  Stew got mozzarella sticks and meatballs, two different dishes.

I did some laundry today.  We watched the episode of Bones that was missing from our DVR and we ended our night with a Dexter marathon.  It's the last season.  The bitch is back, Deb's a whiny pain in the ass and Dexter isn't killing enough people for me.  Also, not enough Masuka - he is the comic relief after all.  Stew did enjoy his comment about a breasteraunt.

Half productive, half lazy day.  Now I'm going to take a shower per the insomnia beating guidelines and hopefully get a good night's sleep to start the work week.  Rest time is over and work will be back with a vengeance tomorrow.  I hope I'm ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment